Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Savannah, my new home.

I am all settled in to my apartment in Savannah, GA. This will be my new home for the next couple of years while I attend Savannah College of Art and Design (affectionately called SCAD). I've spent the last 5 days running around town to every Goodwill and consignment store furnishing my apartment. I am pretty pleased with the result, the bedroom being my favorite part.

I had trouble finding a headboard so I used an old broken mirror frame that I sanded and stained. I used it to frame some burlap and found the initials at the Paris Market on Broughton Street.


My greatest finds are the white dresser, pictured below, and the old tarnished vase on the dresser. I got the dresser for 25 bucks and the vase for 5! So fun.


The curtains were another fun DIY. I got the linen on sale at a bulk fabric store and just stapled it above the window. I used twine and clothes pins to hang some old book pages torn out of an old ESL textbook and used novel.


All this to say, I feel at home in my new girly room. I will update as the living room is finished :) School starts on Monday and I can hardly wait. More updates on all of that and this wonderfully charming town to come.

4 comments:

  1. I love it. So beautiful, fun, creative, etc! You continue to be my inspiration, even from Savannah. :) Glad you're having a blast starting your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i love your room! and book pages. we heart them duh.

    ReplyDelete